Sunday, October 25, 2009

Wake up Alone

Middle of the day, i'm still in bed
with a million thoughts running through my head
one side is empty and cold again today
it's been like this since he went away

I keep myself busy so I won't have to think
about all the things that tie my heart up in knots even more
I glance at your face and turn away
I barely know you but I'd like to know you more

maybe I should stop scheming, plotting, planning
I can see that you wouldn't fall for anything
it's better that i just turn away and forget you
wishful thinking won't get me anywhere or anything

and still, my heart keeps saying go,
but my head screams no
trying to make up my mind, my heart racing as you grab my wrist
i know i should not do it, but my heart was always a masochist

the day is fading and so is my self-confidence and still,
I don't really go to sleep anymore i know
i might dream of you and then tomorrow
I'll wake up alone...

No comments:

Post a Comment